Not A T4WD, But Very Interesting !

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Not A T4WD, But Very Interesting !

Post by ARCHINSTL »

http://bringatrailer.com/2017/04/30/rar ... e-5-speed/
Click on the C/L link for more photos.
I'd never heard of a Nissaan Sentra 4WD wagon before - does anyone have any experience with them?
This one looks mighty interesting, and only 90K miles for $2900. An Eastern car with no rust?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Not A T4WD, But Very Interesting !

Post by Petros »

that is the hatchback version, I did not know it was available in 4wd, they had a boxy wagon version of it in 4wd, a friend of our family had one. They actually were pretty decent little 4wd wagons, had a decent overhead cam engine, they never sold well so they are very rare now. Parts would be hard to find. The wagon had a van type side sliding door, made it easier to load car seats, kids, etc
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

actually I looked it up, it is a stanza wagon that came in 4wd, they never made a centra wagon excet that hatchback. The STanza looked like this:
stanza wagon.jpeg
stanza wagon.jpeg (9.61 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Well, Nissan marketed it as a wagon, so ...
It reminded me a lot of my beloved '86 626 5-door hatch in style, but - I went with what Nissan (and BaT) said ...
From Wikipedia:
The B12 chassis would be the last chassis to offer a station wagon model, which was marketed as the "California" in some Asian markets. Even more rare are the four-wheel drive versions of the station wagon, offered as an option in 1987, 1988 and 1989 model years. These models featured an electrically activated single-range transfer case to drive the independently suspended rear wheels, making the car a selectable four-wheel-drive (not all-wheel-drive) vehicle.

The Stanza wagon ('82-'88) was sold concurrently with the Sentra wagon ('85-'90). One of my bicycle vendor's salesmen had a Stanza 2WD wagon; I thought it was pretty neat, but not as "cute" as my '83 T4WD.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain