1987 Tercel 4WD 4AGE

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Hiro
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel FWD 5spd

1987 Tercel 4WD 4AGE

Post by Hiro »

http://topeka.craigslist.org/cto/5950508699.html

No relation, but found this and thought i'd share...

I talked to the guy. Goes through a lot of oil. Bad head gasket. I can't fix it up since I'm only in the area on business. I'd take it home with me if I could...
'86 T2 DLX (114,000 miles and counting)
'90 EE4 RT4WD
'92 EG VX Hatch
'95 YJ 4.0L
'05 C6 Z51 (460rwhp)
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: 1987 Tercel 4WD 4AGE

Post by NWMO »

Hey Hiro,

I'm only a couple hours north, interesting car. I don't see them in the Midwest very often. I'd consider swapping if mine wasn't my daily driver. Mine is running great, but is a rusty, though quite low mileage car.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

that car is a bargain with the 4age swap. even if the negine is junk, the conversion parts alone are worth more than that! someone should grab this car. sounds like it has soem easy fixes, even the head gasket is not that big a deal compared to do the engine swap.

If it was close by I would bring it home today, I have been working on several 4age swaps, and all the special parts to make, buy or modify eat up a lot of time and costs. this is the ideal "TERcel4wd GTS Twin cam" that toyota should have offered but never did.

I really want that car! I can not though, no time to go get it, and sounds like it will need work before I can drive it back. I can not spare the time nor the lost income to go get it and bring it back across the country.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Hiro
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel FWD 5spd

Post by Hiro »

Yeah. I'm in Wisconsin right now on a business trip. That said, my company has put me up in an apartment. I don't have any resources to fix this up, let alone drive it back to NC. It's not worth the freight charge to haul this car back to NC. I don't have anywhere to store the car in the mean time. That said, it's a great deal for what seems to be a simple fix... Maybe there's more to the story? I just know what I've learned from texting the guy.
'86 T2 DLX (114,000 miles and counting)
'90 EE4 RT4WD
'92 EG VX Hatch
'95 YJ 4.0L
'05 C6 Z51 (460rwhp)
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

This car was still available as of this morning. I've got plenty to do on the Rusty Frog and too much invested to walk away from it. Would be interesting to see this one though.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain