'83 SR5 eBay Vermont

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

'83 SR5 eBay Vermont

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Looks VERY clean, both o/s and i/s. AC - 176K - sunroof -priced at $6K ...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Toyota-Ter ... 2254393922
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: '83 SR5 eBay Vermont

Post by Petros »

one owner, that is really rare for a car that old. seems a bit high price for it even if in good condition, though it appears it was stored every winter.

might get it, depends on who is looking.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

Looks like the one that showed up on BAT a while back. CA car, then re-posted for sale in vt a few months later. The goofy center caps look familiar

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11932&start=15
rer233
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Multiple

Post by rer233 »

Seller's a member here (cabinguyvt.) Had it on C/L in Feb. for $10K. Now if he'd only come down another 3-4 K....
if it aint there, there's a good chance it won't break!
83 SR5 Silver/Blue (Snowmobile/work beater)-totaled but drivable
85 SR5 Blue
88 SR5 White (the 'good' one)-not anymore-totaled
87 fwd silver wagon a/t
87 4wd dx Cream (a/t- not anymore- now m/t)
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

Why does someone put up their 4wd for the winter? Do they put their skis up for the winter too? Park the boat for the summer?
helipilot77
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 wagon

Post by helipilot77 »

4wd's tend to sell better in the winter when there is a fear of getting caught in the snow.
. / TOYOTA
./_| |/|/ |]
oldfaithful
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Tercel 4WD

Post by oldfaithful »

Why wouldn't he put the original moulding around the new windshield instead of usinig the plastic wrap around which will shrink and lift away in the top corners. Nice clean car but still asking too much, if it had less than 100,000 miles on it, maybe!!!!
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

in the places where they use salt on the roads in the winter they buy a rusty beater winter car, and keep the cars they like in a garage. That way not only do they not have to worry about rusting away a nicer or classic car they want to keep in top condition, they do not have worry about themselves or someone else crashing it. some of the "winter" beaters become in notorious bad conditon, with the floor rusted out, leaky, much of the body work wasted away, etc. So much so, many states started doing safety inspections and if the frame/body is too far gone their winter beaters has to go to the crusher. And they have to search for another disposable winter car.

For example, a holiday classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50IgzksUqpQ
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

keith wrote:Why does someone put up their 4wd for the winter? Do they put their skis up for the winter too? Park the boat for the summer?
I've done the same the last two winters. Deicers have become so potent I'm seeing 10 year old cars that look like old plow trucks underneath. All the 80's Asian imports had somewhat poor resistance to deicers back when it was plain old salt. The last nice T4 I got was from member emmahumpfritter who had transplanted it from the PNW. It was pretty clean. Sold it to a friend who delivered pizza's one winter with it. Looked like the car aged 6-7 years in one winter, as compared to the degeneration of T4 #1. That was also a pretty clean PNW transplant.

Need to dip one in por15, then rhinoliner...
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Post by jimcrazy »

same here I will be putting mine away next weekend, I am in the salt belt in nova scotia Canada,they use enough road salt to rust out the plastic on cars.i just keep picking up 1500-2000 dollar rav4s and beat them through the winters
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Reading posts like the latter ones makes me glad I am retired and can choose WHEN to drive during the salt of our Winters.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
oldfaithful
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Tercel 4WD

Post by oldfaithful »

Yeah you're right Jim, and now Good 'Ol Nova Scotia has this liquid crap they spray on the roads even when it's a dry sunny day, I asked a guy one day when he was spraying it ( on a warm dry sunny day) what is in that stuff? and he said "Buddy! You don't even want to know what's in this crap" I do know it is some damn corossive on metal. Good 'Ol Money Grapping Nova Scotia. Like Jim says, it even rusts the plastic out.