Two Toyota SR5 4X4 Wagons for Sale $1,000

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
siebzy
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5

Re: Two Toyota SR5 4X4 Wagons for Sale $1,000

Post by siebzy »

Did you ever sell these cars?
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Good morning fellas,

Tom - Having a rough night (2:15 am)? As far as I can see, the OP simply joined to advertise the two cars. If there was mention of the OP "parting" one out I missed it (maybe in the removed CL ad that was linked ?). Whether it was the post here or the CL add, there is little doubt they sold last summer. Now, it would have been nice for the OP to drop a line and let us know, but eh, doesn't happen a lot of times.

Siebzy - Good luck finding a new head and getting her repaired. Petros would be the best contact to help set a course of action. If the head gasket seems good (no oil/water mix, etc.) and the engine turns smoothly with a socket/wrench, I would be tempted to try and repair on the vehicle. I've never chosen to use a "helicoil", but maybe? I've also not had a head off on these cars, but there may be room to tap to a larger size and install a fitting that matches the plug threads? I can't picture what would strip the spark plug thread out beyond misaligned or "loose" install that allowed movement and ultimately failure. The other possibility would be using the wrong spark plug that was "close" and stripping things that way. Good luck, lots of good folks here.

Tom - speaking of good folks, I hope all is well with you :) I was curious if you would be interested in the plastic engine bay undercover from the Rusty Frog. I've never taken the time to put it back on and you had commented on it at one time?

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Chris - I have absolutely NO idea how/why I sent that comment! It was totally out of line and I removed it.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Yes, I would be interested in the undertray - I think that would be bigga bucks to ship, though. Maybe the next time you are near STL we could get together?
Tom
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey Tom,

I figure to bring the Rusty Frog down after I redo the suspension and get new shoes (hopefully late spring/early summer). At any rate, that's what I was thinking as well (no shipping). I'll set it aside and we will meet up in a few months hopefully.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain