Two Toyota SR5 4X4 Wagons for Sale $1,000

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
seanable
My tercel:: 1984 tercel SR5 wagons

Two Toyota SR5 4X4 Wagons for Sale $1,000

Post by seanable »

I have two '84 Toyota Tercel SR5 4X4 wagons for sale. The blue one is on a "non-op" and will take $76.00 to register. The brown one, the registration status is unknown and is being sold as a parts source for the blue one. They both have been sitting since 2012. They are, for the most part, complete cars.
Neither one has very severe rust issues. The blue one has 208,000 miles on the clock. It also has a decent interior that could use a good cleaning. The brown car has factory alloy wheels. This is a project, but worthy of someone's time.
I am willing to deliver these cars if in the Northern California area.
here is a link to my craigslist post; http://chico.craigslist.org/cto/5535816113.html
Thank you!
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” :lol:
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Two Toyota SR5 4X4 Wagons for Sale $1,000

Post by irowiki »

Guessing you bought them for a project, ran out of time?
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

Are the transmissions in working order?
seanable

Post by seanable »

Irowiki I received them as payment on a clean-up job i did. I would like to keep them and put some time into one, but, it isn't in the cards at this point.I would like to see them go to someone who will appreciate them.
Keith, I was told that they are. They both go through the gears, and in and out of 4WD, plus the clutch functions in both cars. I didnt feel anything that would indicate malfunction. The clutch on both vehicles feels good and functional.
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” :lol:
seanable

Post by seanable »

These cars were abandoned at a commune up in the mountains of northern california, as were several other vehicles. I was given the task of clearing these vehicles out. They each have keys, and the blue car has title, and filed non-op with the Ca. DMV. There were no parts removed from them while they sat there. The blue Tercel was parked due to a bad alternator...which was removed, and a new one bought (included, new in the box). I wasn't told anything about the brown car, other than it has a good engine and drivetrain. There is nothing gone from under the hood on the brown car. When I looked the brown car up on cadmv.gov it came up "unable to obtain records due to file transfer in progress".
I am merely selling these vehicles to pay for the cleanup and make something for my time and labor.
Sean
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hi Seanable, Thanks for getting in touch with us and posting these cars - seems like a reasonable price and hopefully someone here will jump on it! cheers!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
seanable

Post by seanable »

mattel,
I appreciate it. From everything I have read these are a truly well built, reliable vehicle. Thanks for the vote of confidence!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

i want to know more about this abandoned commune in the mountains of northern CA. sounds weird.

i like the rob zombie pic, too. i'm a diehard fan of WZ's la sexorcisto.
seanable

Post by seanable »

awwww c'mon dlb i can't divulge any info about these folks. That's why they're up there...cause they are private people. That wouldn't be very cool of me to run my mouth.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

i'm not asking for dirt. just wanted to know if it was a religious thing, or hippies living together and growing their own food, or a few families living off the grid, etc. but that's fine if you don't want to get into it, no worries.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Thanks for posting to the forum and welcome.
If you end up not finding a buyer (i hope you do) I'm intrested in keeping them from a wrecking/scrap yard. :oldgeek:
seanable

Post by seanable »

dlb..they're hippies.evidently, most hippies don't make for good mechanics, because one would stop running, and they would go get another one. Good folks though.They did put everything on PNO status...which is more than I can say for most people.
Gottolovem, if I don't find a buyer soon i'm gonna get busy and put one together myself. I'm not one to let good machinery go to the scrap heap. Especially cars as neat as these.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

@ seanable -
Aren't "hippies" in their 70's now? And this group is still true? Or is this a resurgence of the culture with ur-hippies?
I slightly predate that Gen, being just pre-WWII.
Pretty interesting, if they are geriatric hippies!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Post by garyfish »

Tempting offer. Thanks for bringing it here to the T4WD forum.

I live in NorCal... on the coast, south of Eureka. That's a fair ways from the Red Bluff area... wish you lived closer :|
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
seanable

Post by seanable »

ARCHINSTL, they're the real deal. Not quite in their 70s but...
garyfish, let's make a deal you can't refuse...lol