85 sr5 $4000 make offer

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
rabalc
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 4WD

85 sr5 $4000 make offer

Post by rabalc »

I sadly need to come up with some quick cash so here we go...1985 Tercel sr5 4wd wagon, 144xxx miles, extremely clean, a/c works...not real cold. Runs, drives, shifts, stops as it should. Interior I would rate as a 9/10 due to missing factory radio and sun visors disintegrated. Shifter could use new bushing, it is a little sloppy but functions ok. All glass and lenses are very nice. Exterior I would say 9/10 due to a few small dings, small rust spot on seam of drivers door(pictured) no hole or major issue, easily fixable, a few small dings in hood, I tried to photo but could not capture. There is still factory paint on rear axle housing, there is virtually no rust anywhere on the underside. Has California emissions, all intact. Could use vacuum line work they are hard and brittle. I have been averaging 25 to 28 mpg. The factory carpet floor mats minus driver are all there and excellent. Please let me know if you would like pictures of anything not showing, and feel free to make a realistic offer.

Thanks, Rich

Image[/U
[URL=http://s144.photobucket.com/user/rabalc ... o.jpg.html]Image
RL]

only rust issue

dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: 85 sr5 $4000 make offer

Post by dlb »

looks great.

i don't understand why so many people think old vacuum hoses need to be replaced. unless they are damaged or leaking, replacing them won't do a damn thing. even if some are damaged or leaking, you only need to replace the offending hoses, not the whole works.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: 85 sr5 $4000 make offer

Post by irowiki »

dlb wrote:looks great.

i don't understand why so many people think old vacuum hoses need to be replaced. unless they are damaged or leaking, replacing them won't do a damn thing. even if some are damaged or leaking, you only need to replace the offending hoses, not the whole works.
I have never had to buy actual vacuum line, I just reuse lines I grabbed off of junked cars.

Sometimes, on the longer lines, you just need to cut a bit off the end and it'll seal just fine.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k