UPDATED 84 Tercel 4WD DLX w/ service/upgrades $2.2k or best offer

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

UPDATED 84 Tercel 4WD DLX w/ service/upgrades $2.2k or best offer

Post by SynthDesign »

UPDATED 6/14/16

It's time for me to clear up some space and and projects. Previously purchased from Oh_Canada on this forum back in 2013, I offer up a Burnt Orange DLX T4WD.
I aptly named him Roberto, coined from Futurama. I've been using him for work(landscaping), errands and playing in the mountains. He's quite zippy with the 3.73 gearing, Weber carb and Delta cam. Also rockin almost all of the SR5 brown interior, rear seatbacks are DLX still. There's a touch of smoke at startup but so far he hasn't burned any noticeable oil between the 3k oil changes. I've pretty thoroughly gone through this car, servicing and replacing things as needed, and have trusted it to a number of rockhounding and Snowboarding excursions w/o issues but understand he's 32 years young. Smooth shifting trans for the mileage. May have been replaced by previous owners. He's still rolling on Stock 13's and I'll let you have your choice of wheels from my on hand stock 13" tercel wheels. NO AC and Manual rack, internal voltage regulated alternator.
I have a fair bit of paperwork and receipts for ext warranty item.
234k and counting.

Upgrades and Service:
Recent Clutch, pressure plate, ThrowOut and clutch bearing w proper flywheel surface and balance and new cable.
Weber 32/36 DGEV installed with idle cut solenoid and pressure regulator, 26MPG avg for commuting highway and Seattle Traffic
New radiator cap, water pump(gasket and o-ring), neck o-rings, upper and lower coolant hoses, 1 rear heater hose and a good radiator flush (runnin green coolant)
Resealed oil pans during clutch service, new Dist o-ring,Valve Cover gasket, 1/2 moon and grommets, PCV valve and grommet.
New passenger side Rear wheel bearing and oil seal w diff service (75w90) GL5 syn blend
Trans topped off 80w90 GL4 syncro mesh, haven' had time to pull the ft diff to reseal cover and do a full change yet.
Delta Street cam
New wheel bearings and control arm bushings up front in 2010, 6k miles since then.
Full brake service; Pads, shoes, hats, rotors, Master Cylinder(lifetime warranty) and slaves x2 and all soft brake lines (4x) with accompanying hardware.
Front suspension completely disassembled and serviced, lots of new bushings, KYB GR2 struts w boots and rear shocks w/86 AC springs set/insulator
85 SR5 front seats and bench
Bozo Exhaust, 1 7/8 pipe from the cat back no muffler, just a presilencer. Not loud amazingly.
Rino-lined 2-tone body line

New All weather windshield wipers ft/rr as of 6/14/16
NEW windshield as of 6/14/16
New Battery as of 5/25/16
Fresh oil change 10w30 Mobil1 high-mileage w Toyota F2 filter

There's a list of stuff I'm forgetting

Needs/issues
Universal joint clunks and needs to be replaced when parts are available( I may fab one if I have time)
Reseal Ft Dif cover,leaks a few drops here and there
Has stock double din tape/radio and Polk 4" speakers upfront. (theft deterrent devices but you'll probably wanna upgrade)

$2,200 or best offer. Lowest offer was $1,600 and I didn't sell it yet.
Synth
Email or call if you have an interest.
425-241-4143
synthdesign@gmail.com
Located in North Seattle, Washington state
20160511_160825-1.jpg
20160511_160804-1.jpg
20160511_203433.jpg
Last edited by SynthDesign on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
timothygodden
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 84 tercel 4wd sr5 lifted, modified head, delta cam, 2" exhaust

Re: 84 Tercel 4WD DLX w/ service/upgrades $2k or best offer

Post by timothygodden »

I have personally been able to drive this car very peppy for a tercel. Transmission shifts wonderfully. Synth takes great care of his rigs, he is almost always working on one when I stop by his spot. If you are looking for a tercel to buy he is a great person to pick one up from.