I got all the bells and whistles (literally)

Talk about Forum Improvements or anything about the forums.
danieldialtone
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4WD wagon

I got all the bells and whistles (literally)

Post by danieldialtone »

So a friend of mine a while back gave me an old box (probably from the 80s) that came out of a firetruck. So it has a siren, a PA system and an electronic air horn on it.. So I installed it. Next thing I found browsing through a thrift store in Tennessee while I was on my trip down there, I found a set of real air horns. Not only can I yell at people over the PA system that wont go at a green light, or freak a friend out by turning on a siren in his driveway, but now I can turn every head in town! (not that dramatic but you know what I mean) Now the latest addition, (where the bell comes in to play) is a railroad crossing bell. I got that from a friend who has worked for the railroad for years. I turned it on in a construction zone right by the flagman and he got a kick out of that.
The next thing I want to get is train horns but I will have to wait a while for that.

So that my friends, is all the bells and whistles I have.
ill get pics sometime
The best car ever made has got to be the Tercel 4wd!
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: I got all the bells and whistles (literally)

Post by Petros »

better what out where you use those bells and whistles, many states have laws against use of a PA system or a siren by non-emergency vehicles.

they make train whistles for "hobby" use that do not cost much, the duel tone old fashioned type used on the old steam locomotives.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
danieldialtone
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4WD wagon

Re: I got all the bells and whistles (literally)

Post by danieldialtone »

Yeah I have no intention of using the siren on any roadway. That's only for off road show off stuff. Its not worth risking getting a ticket over. I'm even careful using the railroad bell.
The best car ever made has got to be the Tercel 4wd!