Let members express gratitude to other memers.

Talk about Forum Improvements or anything about the forums.
Krunk
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 83 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5 6 speed

Let members express gratitude to other memers.

Post by Krunk »

So, a lot of sites I frequent, they have ways of expressing your gratitude to a particular member. Some sites use gifts, some you can actually express gratitude, some have various ranking, where by you get higher ranked usage rights, or your name appears on a graph of some sort. Some examples, waccobb.net and Pitbullsocial.com, there are many others for sure, but we need to have some way of thanking our main knowledge base better. Maybe you could get points from gratitude and use them to buy T4wd merchandise that has to be sitting in a box somewhere. Where would the money come from to be able to give this stuff away? Well, i am sure this site is getting a lot of hits now, some tasteful advertising in a out of site location could pay the bills easily, make use of those relationships with the parts guys. Also as part of member ranking you could make it so people with higher rank got to turn off adds. Just a thought, take a look into it.
I told my wife the other day "Men will always buy a car/truck, spend more money on it then its worth(loving every minute of it) and then sell it for less then they spent on it, ITS WHAT WE DO!" There is nothing you can do.