Watch out for this guy...

Talk about Forum Improvements or anything about the forums.
Jasons83
My tercel:: 1983 soon not to be stock

Re: Watch out for this guy...

Post by Jasons83 »

thank you. I follow the golden rule as much as I can
Highlander
Top Notch Member

Post by Highlander »

Yeah, he follows the golden rule alright, do unto others- that's the only part of it that he knows. I called him after his most 'courteous' post, it only took me three days and five calls to get hold of him, "I'll send the check out on Friday" this was supposed to be the 8th of January. Well here it is the 20th, no check, no call, no post, nothing.
I've called three more times at all hours of the day and only get the machine. :evil: The guy's a scumbag. He's already sold the T4WD for $1000 (thanks Danzo) and advertised it as having a 'new' steering box,but I still don't have my $. I pity the poor sucker who bought it, who knows what or who else he screwed to sell it. People like this are a drain on those of us who believe that we should help one another. He sure hasn't reinforced my faith in humanity, that's for sure.
I guess it just gives me another reason to hate Texans, besides the fact that they tried to make Colorado a part of Texas at one time.
'83 SR5-299K, -tRusty!
'85 SR5-265K--GOLD
'85 SR5-285K-- GOLD-New engine!
'85 SR5-238K -- Teal-Killed by a DD
'58 and '62 Austin-Healey Sprites
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

Highlander, I'm sorry. Don't lose faith in humanity though.

I won't be closing this thread, incase he wants to post in here again.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Highlander -
If just to vent your spleen - call the PD there and tell them. Of course, it's your word against his, although you DO have some sort of documentation, but who knows - maybe the PD can be of some help.
And while it seems doubtful Jason (!) will return - let's do keep the thread open.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Post by danzo »

Highlander wrote:gives me another reason to hate Texans
Heh, I'm on your side! Besides I bet this Jason character was transplanted from somewhere else. Maybe even CO?? :D

Unfortunately getting the police involved probably won't do any good, they did nothing for me when I was ripped off for $10k (long story). Neu thanks for keeping this thread open, but I bet Jason won't bother defending himself - he's got what he wanted and is washing his hands of us.

Blade, the takeaway for you is to not be fooled. A wise man once said to learn from your mistakes, but a wiser man said to learn from other people's mistakes. Sucks that this happened to one of our community.
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.
todd0

Post by todd0 »

pple can understand hard times, well most can. but this is still a debt, just like his phone bill, or anything else he owes. letting a person know of the temporary financial hardship can do alot to offset the anger over not getting paid for the part sent. but he didnt maintain contact with the seller, so naturally one would be upset. no one likes to feel taken advantage of, especially when they are trying to be a good guy and get him the part asap.

i was hoping after his.."apology" of sorts, he would make it right with you. for all the time its been the right thing to do was give ya a bit more on top of the price, because you had to wait and because of the hassle. i hope he makes this right, but it seems doubtful since you have had such a hassle contacting him again. he has had your address, i assume, if he doesnt want to chat about it all, just send a money order and be done with it. why is that so hard to do jason?

"do unto others, then move on".... thats the modern day version, as i see it. cant help but make one more cynical when ya get burned. but for the most part i think pple on these kinds of forums do try and be helpful and have some morals and ethics in regards to other members. best of luck to ya.
blade
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: No tercel. (stolen)

Post by blade »

wow i feal very stupid for sticking up for that guy it was a dumb idea dose any one know what his prodlem is? he sounds nice but is a total ass he should just man up and pay or you HIGHLANDER should take him to cort if you are able to.
davep1968
My tercel:: 86 SR5

Post by davep1968 »

I am still waiting for Jasosns "actual apology"!
Seems he is a complete lame ass punk.
Or FxxxWIT, if you will.
Balanced on the biggest wave, you race towards an early grave.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I am still waiting for Jasosns "actual apology"!
Seems he is a complete lame ass punk.
Or -------, if you will.
or maybe you could sum it up by calling him a db, no offense Jason! :D
K-Business
Highlander
Top Notch Member

Post by Highlander »

I'm still trying to get hold of this butthead. yeah, his phone is always on, that doesn't mean that he answers it. So I'm being a constant on his machine, hopefully he'll get tired of hearing my voice and do the right thing. What a Jerkoff!!@! The local LEOs aren't interested at all, so I guess I'm just screwed for being helpful, etc.
'83 SR5-299K, -tRusty!
'85 SR5-265K--GOLD
'85 SR5-285K-- GOLD-New engine!
'85 SR5-238K -- Teal-Killed by a DD
'58 and '62 Austin-Healey Sprites
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

Well shit.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I'm still trying to get hold of this butthead. yeah, his phone is always on, that doesn't mean that he answers it. So I'm being a constant on his machine, hopefully he'll get tired of hearing my voice and do the right thing. What a Jerkoff!!@! The local LEOs aren't interested at all, so I guess I'm just screwed for being helpful, etc.
Aaah that sucks Highlander! :( Let's get this xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx! :twisted:
K-Business
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

terceldude -
I edited your post and deleted the obscenities; there may be members/possible members/kids who perform a Google Search and discover the meanings of your cutesy, yet juvenile, attempt at "Ghetto-speak German." Geez !
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
davep1968
My tercel:: 86 SR5

Post by davep1968 »

What a fxxxhead that dude is..
Balanced on the biggest wave, you race towards an early grave.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

terceldude -
I edited your post and deleted the obscenities; there may be members/possible members/kids who perform a Google Search and discover the meanings of your cutesy, yet juvenile, attempt at "Ghetto-speak German." Geez !
Tom M.
Ok, I apologize for that ARCH.. I just was agreeing with Highlander. Am I allowed to agree with him? :)

Oh and davep1968, who is a "****head"???
K-Business