Everyone needs one of these

Look around here for some great advice on getting the most out of your tools! Tips and tricks!
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Everyone needs one of these

Post by splatterdog »

Finally got a real welder. Not that the Hobart 180 hasn't served me well, but more power and duty cycle is just what I needed. This Esab 251 should do just fine. Even has a spool gun for aluminum! Kinda running out of room in the shop lately. This reminds me of an anti nosecandy tv commercial. I work so I can buy tools, so I can work more, and buy more tools.....
100_2219.JPG
My first test weld on aluminum
100_2220.JPG
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Everyone needs one of these

Post by ARCHINSTL »

That, Sir, is a tool !
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

i have a miller, and it does wonders, now that you have that awesome machine do a little stich welding on the front end
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
4wdchico
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Post by 4wdchico »

Very nice welder. I would like to know more about the bike that the vintage Suzuki mag front wheel is attached to.
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

4wdchico wrote:Very nice welder. I would like to know more about the bike that the vintage Suzuki mag front wheel is attached to.
Good eye! It's a 1980 Suzuki GS550L for sale with an asking price of $1200. Good shape with 16k on it.
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Post by danzo »

When I was a kid I remember thinking if Captain America rode a bike it would have those 'star' wheels on it. I wonder if he ever made Major?
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.